• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL Elite vs Buriram @ Our Paradise

Meerkat

What other AL side starts Pav and Paull?
What aspiring top 4 side starts Theo and Kuol?
None
Dick has gutted the title winners and it shows.
Top 6 maybe as we have a rubbish keeper and no AL strikers.
See the players who we sold are playing at a higher level than their replacements
Is Alfie from the 3rd tier really better than someone local?
Max from Temu so far
This.

Big Al

Unfortunately the kids got to play to improve.

Niz ans Max took a few years. Even Faz too

Going to have to go through it again.

They are at least learning what the higher levels require and that’s just Asia.

While disappointed and if sucks after all this winning we can’t complain too much after the turnover in the last 2 years and where some of them now play overseas. Some really big talent has gone.

midfielder

Rowles, Sammy, Nizzy, Cumdog, Ballard [soon], Farrell [soon] Miller, thats seven Socceroos, plus other players lost including a swag of visa players.... add Danny in goals....

No team could replace the talent we have lost we are at the start of a major rebuild, lets hope it does not take six years and 4 coaches this time...

midfielder

I know SM used to despair about how the venue was managed. Catering etc has nothing to do with CCM at all.
Council looking after their mates meant CCM lost out when the rights came up
We have hardly ever had friends in Council... its like the crave for a league side and still have separation pains from the lost of the Northern Eagles ...same goes for the leagues club across the road ...

crock

Rowles, Sammy, Nizzy, Cumdog, Ballard [soon], Farrell [soon] Miller, thats seven Socceroos, plus other players lost including a swag of visa players.... add Danny in goals....

No team could replace the talent we have lost we are at the start of a major rebuild, lets hope it does not take six years and 4 coaches this time...
The club can't afford to have a bad 6 year period and I doubt we will be as bad as those 6 years were

Big Al

Didn’t even mention Garang who almost almost almost got past Martinez

Ancient Mariner

Unfortunately the kids got to play to improve.

Niz ans Max took a few years. Even Faz too

Going to have to go through it again.

They are at least learning what the higher levels require and that’s just Asia.

While disappointed and if sucks after all this winning we can’t complain too much after the turnover in the last 2 years and where some of them now play overseas. Some really big talent has gone.
Nizz looked the goods when he came off the bench for his A-League debut. It just took others time to realise it, some more than others. I have not seen any of our current crop of youngsters looking even close.

priorpeter

The 2 young fullbacks we have are superb (Sas and the left back who's name I can never remember) Da Lima will go ok but not yet
Menham is the left back. Agree, he is excellent and should be offered a scholar IMO.
Sadly we’ve moved Taye Hedley and Don Niyonkuru on. Taye had an excellent first season back from a ruptured ACL and I was looking forward to seeing more of him.

FFC Mariner

Is it just me or does young Brandtman look like he struggles in senior football? The player who carves in junior football but struggles to step up.
Doesnt have pace and is a terrible diver. Really bad at it too.
Having written this he will probably now go on to get 50 caps but so far he doesnt look the goods.
He is a year older than MDP by comparison.

Ads

Anyone we put up top will struggle at the moment.

We just don’t have the correct style to create through balls.

We are a bit reflective of the Socceroos at the moment, can’t create ‘obvious’ and clear opportunities based on our system.

As mentioned without Niz or Ballard + Farrell, last year we would not have created those tiny moments, deflections, layoffs and second ball follow throughs leading to our goals.

JB16

Menham is the left back. Agree, he is excellent and should be offered a scholar IMO.
Sadly we’ve moved Taye Hedley and Don Niyonkuru on. Taye had an excellent first season back from a ruptured ACL and I was looking forward to seeing more of him.
Any idea where they went??

Michael

Is it just me or does young Brandtman look like he struggles in senior football? The player who carves in junior football but struggles to step up.
Having written this he will probably now go on to get 50 caps but so far he doesnt look the goods.
Imo it’s just a mentality thing atm for Bailey, I like him, I think he has quality. Just needs to flick the switch abit.
Migs did that when Jacko told him to win more duels (more physicality) last season, never looked back after that.

Wombat

He fades out of games for the Yoof too. He was looking very good at training so i can see why he was picked but he was found out by Burirum tbh.

Tevor

He fades out of games for the Yoof too. He was looking very good at training so i can see why he was picked but he was found out by Burirum tbh.
Same as Theo, was absolutely owned by their winger. I don’t think that helped Brandtman either. At about the 20 minute mark we were dominated and it all stemmed from Theo trying to beat his man which he failed at 100%.

turbo

Same as Theo, was absolutely owned by their winger. I don’t think that helped Brandtman either. At about the 20 minute mark we were dominated and it all stemmed from Theo trying to beat his man which he failed at 100%.
That feels harsh to me. We were putting a lot of pressure on a few players to make something out of nothing because the core of the midfield was ineffective and a lot of our play too slow. Then those players often found themselves double or triple marked because the opposition was sitting deep and we didnt have numbers pushing up.

Tevor

That feels harsh to me. We were putting a lot of pressure on a few players to make something out of nothing because the core of the midfield was ineffective and a lot of our play too slow. Then those players often found themselves double or triple marked because the opposition was sitting deep and we didnt have numbers pushing up.
What was concerning was Theo kept trying to beat him and didn’t adjust his play on the basis his opponent clearly had his measure. That shows a one dimensional player. I’ve been a Theo fan to be honest but his continued turnovers in the first half was a clear problem and more than likely why he was hooked at half time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred