• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL Elite vs Buriram @ Our Paradise

FFC Mariner

What was concerning was Theo kept trying to beat him and didn’t adjust his play on the basis his opponent clearly had his measure. That shows a one dimensional player. I’ve been a Theo fan to be honest but his continued turnovers in the first half was a clear problem and more than likely why he was hooked at half time.
As was said already. That was peak "shit Theo"
Really suited to running at tired defenders who aren't as good as the marker he had the other night.

booney

What I couldn't understand in the first half was that the majority of our play went down Theo's wing resulting in multiple turnovers.Either he should have been switched to the LW or our play should have gone down the LW more often.

Big Al

Nizz looked the goods when he came off the bench for his A-League debut. It just took others time to realise it, some more than others. I have not seen any of our current crop of youngsters looking even close.
Niz looked good but was scratchy for a while. In and out and moved around till Monty season.

The current crop are very young and need 2 more years imo. They aren’t world class where you should be at 17 to be some one but they do look A League quality with more development

Big Al

Is it just me or does young Brandtman look like he struggles in senior football? The player who carves in junior football but struggles to step up.
Doesnt have pace and is a terrible diver. Really bad at it too.
Having written this he will probably now go on to get 50 caps but so far he doesnt look the goods.
He is a year older than MDP by comparison.
I think thats a bit harsh because The pie hole wasn’t getting him the ball or the mids. Does he need to develop definitely.

He needs to cut down the flicks and tricks for special moments and concentration needs a lot of work with his finishing but he has something the others don’t.

It’s up to him now on how hard he works on his weaknesses but I think he will develop the most this year

Big fan but see some glaring issues as well. Temper tantrums being a big one

Big Al

Menham is the left back. Agree, he is excellent and should be offered a scholar IMO.
Sadly we’ve moved Taye Hedley and Don Niyonkuru on. Taye had an excellent first season back from a ruptured ACL and I was looking forward to seeing more of him.
Wow very early in their development to get rid of them. Both had something.

While Don didn’t have a great middle part of the season and I thought he should have been benched more he had something to work with. Think he needed time. I think they maybe wanted Nesta out of him which he is obviously not.

Menham didn’t do a lot wrong. Pretty rough

Seems to be a very cut throat environment where they are making these calls early instead of developing the players and team chemistry. Some of our success has been boys playing together for years Like Niz and Max and Hall. Not sure they are allowing enough time for the players to learn to play with each other before these decisions. Not convinced the academy is on the right track at the moment compared to where our success has come from. Seems to be looking for instant gems instead of moulding some

priorpeter

Wow very early in their development to get rid of them. Both had something.

While Don didn’t have a great middle part of the season and I thought he should have been benched more he had something to work with. Think he needed time. I think they maybe wanted Nesta out of him which he is obviously not.

Menham didn’t do a lot wrong. Pretty rough

Seems to be a very cut throat environment where they are making these calls early instead of developing the players and team chemistry. Some of our success has been boys playing together for years Like Niz and Max and Hall. Not sure they are allowing enough time for the players to learn to play with each other before these decisions. Not convinced the academy is on the right track at the moment compared to where our success has come from. Seems to be looking for instant gems instead of moulding some
Menham as far as I know isn’t going anywhere (I hope!), but haven’t heard anything about him being offered a scholar either.

Im disappointed both Donny and Taye have been moved on, but I’m more disappointed about letting Taye go. Has been here for years and is technically very, very good. But hey, that’s showbiz.

Corsair

What was concerning was Theo kept trying to beat him and didn’t adjust his play on the basis his opponent clearly had his measure. That shows a one dimensional player. I’ve been a Theo fan to be honest but his continued turnovers in the first half was a clear problem and more than likely why he was hooked at half time.
Should have been switched to the other side as he got completely owned by their big black guy.

Big Al

Menham as far as I know isn’t going anywhere (I hope!), but haven’t heard anything about him being offered a scholar either.

Im disappointed both Donny and Taye have been moved on, but I’m more disappointed about letting Taye go. Has been here for years and is technically very, very good. But hey, that’s showbiz.
Sorry i replied with wrong name. Meant Taye

Big Al

All good.
I do wonder which side instigated his leaving - club, or agent - as he did sign with a new agency recently.
There appears to be a linkedin profile for him (I don’t have it so can’t see much). I think it’s him.

But it says SFC. Yr 12 at CCS. So finish school and off to SFC by looks of it. Could be an agent thing but who knows if he got a tap earlier but he played all season.

FFC Mariner

There appears to be a linkedin profile for him (I don’t have it so can’t see much). I think it’s him.

But it says SFC. Yr 12 at CCS. So finish school and off to SFC by looks of it. Could be an agent thing but who knows if he got a tap earlier but he played all season.
A lot depends where they live and the logistics of where they play
It may be better for some to keep living at home

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred