• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Songs 'N Chants

priorpeter

Lucas Mauragis
He is a coastie hero,
He escaped Newcastle to play in blue and yellow,
5 foot 9,
Our left back,
He gets the coast excited,
Stick your jets up your arse ‘cos we’re the famous mariners.
Last line particularly needs work, it’s supposed to rhyme and isn’t the right pattern.

“Stick your newy up your arse, ‘cos we’re the f**kin champions” is the first thing that came to my head with better cadence but could also definitely be improved upon, last word still not rhyming.

He’s also 5 foot 11, which totally throws that line out of sync.

It’s a start, but a friendly hot tip for chants - if it doesn’t work, don’t try and force it. This feels very forced.

But hey, what would I know 🫠

Last edited:

Archie

Last line particularly needs work, it’s supposed to rhyme and isn’t the right pattern.

“Stick your newy up your arse, ‘cos we’re the f**kin champions” is the first thing that came to my head with better cadence but could also definitely be improved upon, last word still not rhyming.

He’s also 5 foot 11, which totally throws that line out of sync.

It’s a start, but a friendly hot tip for chants - if it doesn’t work, don’t try and force it. This feels very forced.

But hey, what would I know 🫠
Yeah I agree about the last line but I reckon it could work. The great thing about most English chants is that they can add extra or less syllables to the ends of chants so the video I shared with it isn’t how we’ll try and make it sound. With the height part, it’ll go “5 11 our left back he gets the coast excited..” slowly building up in pace without pausing but then the last line needs work..

Archie

Understood thanks for the advice, I’ll pass it on to the others and maybe save (after some readjustments) for another time when he comes good which I’m sure he will 👍🏼

Archie

Bit of a long one but we’d like our treble chant to be something that one day everyone can sing regardless of how long it goes for (1 minute) to recognise the year the mariners made and changed Australian football history forever. Also if some parts look dodgy with how they would sound, I can assure we’ve made a way for it to all sound as clearly and cleanly as possible. Enjoy.

Mark, Jackson dared to dream,
He brought, our club to its peak,
On a journey, to win the treble,
It was never, imagined before,

On a rainy Wednesday night,
The Coast put up a fight,
2 nil the premiers plate is ours,

The next week we’re in Oman,
Alou Kuol made it one,
Now we are the champions of Asia,

There was, just one thing to complete,
Back, to back champions,
The streets, of Gosford were buzzing,
It was time, to show who we are,

Edmondson saves the day,
Miguel gives us the lead,
Then Edmo scores and gives it to the Vuck,

The fans ran on the pitch,
Goodbye to Vukovic,
Treble treble yes you know it’s true.

Drew

Just a suggestion, but I was thinking, a way that could possibly help the rest of the stadium get involved with the chants could be to have a chant book to hand out at the gates as people come in, so that everyone can learn them and sing along, especially the new ones, like pretty much everyone knows the no one rates us, we don’t care one now, but I have noticed as someone who sits in navy GA, that not many people around me know many of the others, especially could be good for the families and kids to get involved?
Might have already been tried before, I’m not sure, may not be a possibility due to the logistics of printing that many books, or it might not even work, but just a thought I had. Appreciate the effort and hard work you guys put into all of these chants and delivering them in match day, keep it up guys

sydmariner

Just a suggestion, but I was thinking, a way that could possibly help the rest of the stadium get involved with the chants could be to have a chant book to hand out at the gates as people come in, so that everyone can learn them and sing along, especially the new ones, like pretty much everyone knows the no one rates us, we don’t care one now, but I have noticed as someone who sits in navy GA, that not many people around me know many of the others, especially could be good for the families and kids to get involved?
Might have already been tried before, I’m not sure, may not be a possibility due to the logistics of printing that many books, or it might not even work, but just a thought I had. Appreciate the effort and hard work you guys put into all of these chants and delivering them in match day, keep it up guys
Do a QR code instead like the Matildas fans do.

Archie

We are trying to come up with ways for people to access the lyrics to our chants easily in the stadium but that’s a working process, wish we still had the loose cannon every week and we could try and get the lyrics in that.
Do a QR code instead like the Matildas fans do.
This is something that we have considered

JB16

Have a new idea for a chant against Macarthur... I can't read, I can't write but I xan drive a scooter, I'm a Methcarthur fan and I'm a fu#ken wa#ker!!
It would go along to this,as it's the original...

Archie

When I see you Mariners,
I go out of my head,
I just can’t get enough,
I just can’t get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you say,
I just can’t get enough,
I just can’t get enough,
We slip and slide as we fall in love,
But I just can’t seem to get enough of,
Du du du du du du du,
Du du du du du du du,