• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Insertnamehere

I can’t remember what Abbas’ background was before coming here but maybe others can help. I think had he got another 12 months around Monty that would have been the succession plan, is it too early to put him into the spotlight? I don’t know but worth considering. If you had someone like Cahn coming in you could still have Abbas looking at the main job in 1-3 years depending on performances.
Believe he won NPL1 with Olympic and Bonnyrig. So in that regard has done a bit. N

Michael

Not bad then. At least the club will have seen him up close and had a plenty of opportunity to understand if they think he’s up to it.
Well wasn’t Wilkshire given the academy gig with the plan to take over from Monty when he eventually left? Came in with only NPL experience.
Perhaps that was also the plan for Abbas, who’s NPL coaching exp is probably a higher standard than Wilkshire’s was.

Thought Hibs would’ve announced Monty by now tbh. Perhaps they really are interviewing their shortlist in person. Kinda weird.

scottmac

Suspended
Well wasn’t Wilkshire given the academy gig with the plan to take over from Monty when he eventually left? Came in with only NPL experience.
Perhaps that was also the plan for Abbas, who’s NPL coaching exp is probably a higher standard than Wilkshire’s was.

Thought Hibs would’ve announced Monty by now tbh. Perhaps they really are interviewing their shortlist in person. Kinda weird.
Maybe it's Monty interviewing them. He probably wants to see first hand what he's getting himself into rather than joining for money. He knows what he's leaving, he probably wants to see what he's considering joining. Either that or he's not fully sold and needs convincing so they brought him over.

Big Dog

Maybe it's Monty interviewing them. He probably wants to see first hand what he's getting himself into rather than joining for money. He knows what he's leaving, he probably wants to see what he's considering joining. Either that or he's not fully sold and needs convincing so they brought him over.
I reckon this is probably the scenario. I’ve heard they’re going to see the proposal first hand and if it’s not lucrative in terms of the whole proposal they’ll be back.
We can hope

Meerkat

This is honestly just going the way of the Cummings to India rumour. We all hoped it was wrong, it became so solid we accepted it was right, then it took so long for the club to confirm that we started going fanciful and wishful and hopeful, even though the truth was still staring us in the face.

In my experience, once @priorpete says it’s too late and it’s happening, it’s done.

With the one exception of Dan Hall.

FFC Mariner

This is honestly just going the way of the Cummings to India rumour. We all hoped it was wrong, it became so solid we accepted it was right, then it took so long for the club to confirm that we started going fanciful and wishful and hopeful, even though the truth was still staring us in the face.

In my experience, once @priorpete says it’s too late and it’s happening, it’s done.

Dan was gone but something changed

Spacks

It's our way of coping

ACztQUe.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member