• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

LFCMariners

Whatever a coach’s resume says, references say, win/loss record says is important in the decision making but like hiring a new employee, until he/she hits the production line and demonstrates their worth it’s a gamble. We can all be confident that lots of due diligence was undertaken by CCM, however, we have no real idea what this coach will be able to do with this group of players until the season begins. Filling Monty and Serge’s shoes is an enormous task and we should back the new coach to do a good job but temper our expectations given the players we’ve lost. A top 6 finish will be a good effort in my view. Any more a bonus, any less (depending how bad) may require a re-think on the coaching front but I’m sure we want to avoid the merry-go-round of a new coach every season or two…
So....

Bonus?

Allreet?

WTF?

Hugely underwhelmed but if Simmo gave his thumbs up (for real) then I'll reserve judgement and hope for the best...

Jeez...
I'm happy enough with my initial reaction.

Now I'm going from underwhelmed to scared shitless he'll be poached during the off-season.

Spacks

I'm happy enough with my initial reaction.

Now I'm going from underwhelmed to scared shitless he'll be poached during the off-season.
I would hope Peil would have learned that coaches getting poached is a big danger to the club and would have rectified it in Jacko's contract.

Ironbark

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 9.26.45 am.png
Finally got the chance to sit & fully reflect on the achievements of last season with Central Coast Mariners Football Club
To achieve what we have is a testament to everyone involved throughout the club. They have truly embraced “The Mariners Way” and have shown the value in being together as one club.

From start to finish we had full belief in what we wanted to achieve. Myself & Daniel Schofield knew the plan & the players & staff fully bought into how we wanted to work.

Four defeats in a row at the start of the season never knocked our belief. There was always a calmness inside that knew we had the potential to perform highly as a team.
Players & staff stood together with a strong mindset. We grew as a team every session & game, pushing each other through the obstacles we faced. Understanding that even in good & tough moments there is still OPPORTUNITY to grow & develop.

The support I received from the chairman Rich Peil & the rest of the board was fantastic throughout.
Building such a strong relationship with Matt Simon played a big part in the achievements last season. He’s someone who knows the club & has it in his heart

I have to mention my right hand man Daniel Schofield Exceptional at his job & someone I trust 100% . As a leader it’s important you have people who are like this but can also challenge your thought process.
He joined me on this journey & has sacrificed a lot in our first season by being away from his family. I’m looking forward to the Schofields joining the Jacksons in the coming weeks.

To all the other staff members, your support has been unwavering & work-rate relentless.I thank you for this. We will continue to push forward , striving to be better everyday in all we do ……sustaining & building our high performance environment.

Thanks to all the Mariners fans for the support right from the start of the season. You stayed with the team & that was felt. It was great we were able to bring the Grand Final home to Gosford & the atmosphere created that night was something special. To win the treble for the fans & community was amazing.

The players ………they cross the white line & they produced game after game after game. They showed focus, courage, resilience & togetherness to be part of a team that created history. They were coachable & embraced the way we wanted to play the game. They developed an understanding of how to be a good teammate.

Finally , thank you to my family. Their support gives me strength everyday. To travel to the other side of the World & leave our wider family is not easy to do. I couldn’t do what I do without them .

Like always in football, “CHANGE” is inevitable & the need to evolve essential.
We are ready to deal with the changes & excited to evolve & take our collective performance to another level.

#TheMarinersWay
#Opportunityisnowhere

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred