• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

serious14

Nah, we need _a_ defender..... can't have Danny coming out of the box for every attack they muster, on the off chance he forgets where the box line is again and goes all handball on our arses.  ;)

dibo

serious14 said:
4-2-4, or 4-2-2-2, with the 2 behind the strikers acting as wingers (so really, a stripped back 4-2-4).  We're in the finals no matter what, so why don't we just go for it??

we actually played the 4-2-4 for a while on saturday, with hutch and kwas both pushing very high in posession, and then dropping in quite narrowly in defence.

this way we were able to control much of the central territory through force of numbers and defend wider movements by sliding the entire structure side-to-side. basically no team in our league switches play effectively anywhere near the by-line, so this is safe. against better opposition you couldn't do it.

strangely enough - the team we're sealing into the wooden spoon spot is probably the only one against whom i wouldn't be game playing that defensive structure, because they do fling the ball around with intent and regularity.

oh, and because they're *deadly* at the near post (when they beat perth 4-1 basically all chances were near post chances), so your wide men need to be tight to pressure the crossing player, not allowing the sort of space we did on saturday.

promdi442

Let tommy play the drovers dog just behind Aloisi. JA's strength is being able to hold up the ball with his back to the goal where a drovers dog could pick up crumbs or be put into space. Tommy has the acceleration to capitalise on such a situation.

I am not convinced about Simon. His endeavour cannot be question but I do question his technique. And for those who think he could make a wide MF then his technique will let him down. I think his 1v1 skills would let him down and the defence would be under pressure.

serious14

You are a sheep shagger
A dirty sheep shagger
You're only happy, on shearing day
Something something
Something something
So please don't take, my skeep skin away.

Anyone got anything good for the "something" bits.

Part_Timer

serious14 said:
You are a sheep shagger
A dirty sheep shagger
you love a smooth ewe
but youd prefer two

Jocwa08

aussiecross said:
serious14 said:
You are a sheep shagger
A dirty sheep shagger
you love a smooth ewe
but youd prefer two

Hilarious!
Matty has huge talent if he doesnt pick up a goal this week,
i think it will be hard to score in the finals and wont get much game time

Sean

little Bjork oh shes our mate
shes our mate
shes our mate
little Bjork oh shes our mate
She hates Kiwis!

Omni

Ahh yes, Saso out for the yellow card scenario is a good one, probably Kwassy in for Hutch for the same reason. I thought it was hardcore of Adam to play over half an hour with a broken nose so he's proved he'll give what he can for the cause.

I'm with DJ, if Hutcho does play and picks up a yellow he'd better go for two!

fedelta

I am trying to buy a General Admission ticket for my Dad, but it says Eastern Side.. Isn't the GA Bay only on the Western Side??

rev

Omni said:
I thought it was hardcore of Adam to play over half an hour with a broken nose so he's proved he'll give what he can for the cause.

Great photos of him in the Express newspaper!

serious14

aussiecross said:
serious14 said:
You are a sheep shagger
A dirty sheep shagger
you love a smooth ewe
but youd prefer two

Na na na na naaaaa
Baaaaaa
Na na na na naaaa
Baaaaaaa
Na na na na na (BAA!!!)
Na na na na
BAA BAA BAA BAA!!!!

Etc. and so forth.  ;D

rosko

Isnt it funny that last week was classed as the biggest game.. No chance... This is it for the season thus far... Come on you yellows...  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Yellowbeard

I reckon 12,000 would be a good crowd this week. No xmas break & Bling, no NYE, No Scum and chance to wrap up minor premiership.

jaypee

Don't worry a win is on the cards and here's why

My brother in law arrived in Australia the morning we played SFC, we lost.
He has been here ever since - we lost
He goes back to the UK today - thus we win all the other games

I'll send him a Mariners shirt after we win GF......

Yellowbeard

jaypee said:
Don't worry a win is on the cards and here's why

My brother in law arrived in Australia the morning we played SFC, we lost.
He has been here ever since - we lost
He goes back to the UK today - thus we win all the other games

I'll send him a Mariners shirt after we win GF......

and tell customs he's a terrorist so he can never come back again? :pirate:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred