• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Hello Sailor

Sounds like he is putting in a lot of effort in training and elsewhere, just a difference of opinion or style with the coach.

Plus he had to play for WUN for one of those championships so there is that.....
I actually feel sorry for him. Maybe the Aust Cup would be the place for him to get a run. If we have a heavy schedule with the ACL and we need to rest and rotate why not bring him into the picture. It sounds like he is taking training seriously and not just kicking back

Meerkat

I actually feel sorry for him. Maybe the Aust Cup would be the place for him to get a run. If we have a heavy schedule with the ACL and we need to rest and rotate why not bring him into the picture. It sounds like he is taking training seriously and not just kicking back
I do too.

By all accounts his attitude is good and he has never stopped working hard.

I’m convinced his time is coming! 😂🙏

turbo

If he's on a good salary and it's clear freezing him out isn't going to have the desired effect we need to get something out of him. And if we can't get him performing well enough to be useful thats a poor reflection on the club.

pjennings

If he's on a good salary and it's clear freezing him out isn't going to have the desired effect we need to get something out of him. And if we can't get him performing well enough to be useful thats a poor reflection on the club.
Monty rated him and by all accounts he gives his all at training but he doesn't suit what Jacko is trying to do. As a professional footballer though he needs to start playing again for his own sake otherwise his career will be over. Whether that is here or elsewhere I don't know - but whenever I have talked to him he seems to be a very genuine guy that wants to play.

turbo

but he doesn't suit what Jacko is trying to do
In light of the budget cuts it's on the coaching staff to figure out how to get him to fit the plan or how the plan can accommodate him.

As a professional footballer though he needs to start playing again for his own sake otherwise his career will be over. Whether that is here or elsewhere I don't know - but whenever I have talked to him he seems to be a very genuine guy that wants to play.
By giving him nothing over an extended period of time we've also made it harder for him to secure a gig elsewhere. If he's still on the books by round 1 we can expect he'll see out his deal so we need to decide if we can get something back for the investment.

Meerkat

Tbf we Hough, Jacko didn’t sign him. You can’t blame him for DWH being in the squad, nor for creating something he is not.

I totally agree it’s not a good situation but it’s a hangover and a bit of a no win if he can’t get up to par. Playing him won’t win any fans either.

midfielder

To sit on the bench for an A-L side for over two years is a career ending at this level maybe go back to the NPL but even there without some Football he will struggle for decent money

Corsair

Tbf we Hough, Jacko didn’t sign him. You can’t blame him for DWH being in the squad, nor for creating something he is not.

I totally agree it’s not a good situation but it’s a hangover and a bit of a no win if he can’t get up to par. Playing him won’t win any fans either.
How many out and out strikers have we got? Edmo, Alou, De Piz... anyone else? He could easily get a run if there are any injuries or cards.

Michael

The DWH situation is my one and only gripe with Jacko. And it’s only a small one, ofcourse in Jacko we trust.
But

A huge amount of effort and large amount of game time was given to Wilson early last season until it was decided he really ain’t good enough. Work was and still is put into other lads in the squad to improve them to get maximum output.. why is it not the case with DWH? I get that his size and style of forward isn’t what Jacko wants, but, it kind of is. He likes pressing forwards, DWH is that. Yeah he’s not a hold up target man but I’ll argue to the death that he’s a better footballer than Alou. He’s of aleague standard at a minimum. If money is so tight and we’re cutting back room and office staff, why can we afford to never use a player who is assumed on an above average salary?
He gets slated on here and I firmly believe a lot of it isn’t justified, he’s shown tremendous attitude in a shit time for him personally. 9/10 players in this league would be publicly screaming. He’s grafting.
Jacko and Danny have proven they’re great at improving players, I really don’t understand why DWH hasn’t been given a genuine chance. It’s mind boggling.

Drew

The DWH situation is my one and only gripe with Jacko. And it’s only a small one, ofcourse in Jacko we trust.
But

A huge amount of effort and large amount of game time was given to Wilson early last season until it was decided he really ain’t good enough. Work was and still is put into other lads in the squad to improve them to get maximum output.. why is it not the case with DWH? I get that his size and style of forward isn’t what Jacko wants, but, it kind of is. He likes pressing forwards, DWH is that. Yeah he’s not a hold up target man but I’ll argue to the death that he’s a better footballer than Alou. He’s of aleague standard at a minimum. If money is so tight and we’re cutting back room and office staff, why can we afford to never use a player who is assumed on an above average salary?
He gets slated on here and I firmly believe a lot of it isn’t justified, he’s shown tremendous attitude in a shit time for him personally. 9/10 players in this league would be publicly screaming. He’s grafting.
Jacko and Danny have proven they’re great at improving players, I really don’t understand why DWH hasn’t been given a genuine chance. It’s mind boggling.
I 100% agree with this, he featured at the start when we lost 4 in a row, but once we started winning and had clicked as a team, he didn’t get a look in, not even in the afc cup which against some of those minnow teams, or 2nd legs where the tie was all but over, would have been the perfect time for him to get some game time,
It’s crazy that he basically didn’t see the pitch from rd 5 onwards, hopefully with these budget cuts and player departures we get to see more of him this season, and jacko finds a way to fit him into his plans, because he’s a good footballer and deserves to be playing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred