• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Meerkat

Yep, and there's been this awesome club that has shown everyone how to be successful on reduced coin, so it can be done
Yes. But I have a feeling that our “reduced coin” budget is about to become “pennies only.” How much more can you cut an already budget Club and retain quality? Particularly with less academy players coming through?

I think we too will see an impact, along with the impact of not having Serg’s scouting network. Definitely not saying we won’t pick up players with potential still, it’s just already feeling / looking very different.

Time will tell.

Ironbark

Look I’m going to remain my usual pessimistic self, for fear of completely throwing out the equilibrium and offsetting the usual trajectory… 😊
When you think of who we've lost it's totally understandable. Niz is worth 3 players on the field and will leave a huge hole. They all will (Faz, Maxy, Dan, etc.).

But it appeared the same last season when we lost all of our top goal-scorers.

And when I look at who is left - we still put out a pretty formidable team. Other teams also have to cut back and downgrade. We have the best coaching team in the country, quality young players full of belief and buy in, and honestly I feel very positive about the season. May yet have some incoming. I do expect to lose a few more games - but it would be crazy to think we could replicate the exact form of last year (although hope is always quietly there!)

From page 1 (thanks pjennings)

GKs
Peraic-Cullen
Warshawsky
Pavlesic

Outfield
Kaltak
Herrington
Kuzevski
Mauragis
Doka
Roux
Steele
Tapp
McCalmont
Smith
Theoharous
Di Pizio
Edmondson
Kuol
Brandtman
Duarte
Paull
Wenzel-Halls
Wilson

Ancient Mariner

I do not wish to be pessimistic, but we have lost most of our spine, replacements are going to take time to replace them. I am not saying they are not capable over time but I see this as a bigger rebuild than last year.
I think we should make the six, but trophies will be a bonus. Looking forward to seeing new young players developing, wins will be a plus.

It was not that long ago that such a prediction was optimistic.

turbo

I do not wish to be pessimistic, but we have lost most of our spine, replacements are going to take time to replace them. I am not saying they are not capable over time but I see this as a bigger rebuild than last year.
I think we should make the six, but trophies will be a bonus. Looking forward to seeing new young players developing, wins will be a plus.

There's big shoes to fill but Steele and Tapp being integrated into the squad already is a massive head start over starting cold. I think between young players (CB, GK particularly) we'll have some avoidable moments but our continuity should be decent and I'd expect we start well.

midfielder

Kinda agree, however with the reduction in APL funding, me thinks this could possibility be the weakest overall season the A-L in general has had in a while.

Most sides appear to be cutting back and looking to local young players....

How all this plays out I have no idea..... but what I do have faith in is our core Admin in chairman Richard supported by Matty S in his technical role with Jacko & Co we have as good as anyone. Meaning we will be competitive, just how competitive depends.... If MDP can take over the 10 role, and Alfie replace Ballard we will be very competitive...

Ironbark

This is the thing, it will hinge on the development potential of some of the lads. Jacko seems to educate and prepare them well so I'm on the optimistic side of things for now.
Other teams will definitely be weaker too.

But let's look at what we know.

1. Proven performers already entrenched in the style and culture:
Kaltak, Doka, Roux, Steele, Tapp

2. Players who are there or thereabouts and with some improvement fit into the above list:
Theoharous, Edmondson, Kuol, Smith

3. Youth who could be stars with a little more development:
Di Pizio, Kuzevski, Eames, Brandtman, Duarte

4. New players who come with big potential:
Herrington, Mauragis, McCalmont

5. The who really knows list, but probably on the outer:
Paull, Wenzel-Halls, Wilson

Cat 1. is 5 of the starting 11 already.
We need to add 5 outfield players, and subs, from Cats 2-4.

My intuition says that players like Di Pizio and Edmo will go next level this year.
If Theo maintains his form he is serviceable, but I would still like to see a little more improvement from him. Same with Kuol, but both can, and have, been impactful for us.
Mauragis has just been holding Faz out of the LB position for Aus so has to be a reasonable replacement. Herrington and McCalmont come with decent raps and from what I hear look like they'll go well.

Then we have the young bloods with lots of growth potential and x-factor:
Kuzevski, Eames, Brandtman, Duarte.
All exciting young players who may have break out years. Eames maybe a little later (he's 16 or 17) but can say from experience he is quality.

I still expect another signing or 2 as well.

We will definitely ship goals through inexperience. But overall this should be a smart, fit, fast and dynamic team with an exception team culture.
We will score more than we ship, most games, once we settle in. I genuinely think we have a good crack at taking the Australia Cup this year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred