• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Michael

Like this. But I think there’s a case for Tulio wide instead of Doka and DWH partnering Kuol.

Very potent starting attack still. But we lack depth currently.
There is a case for Tulio to play wide, BUT
He’s our main man, we need him to be our focal point. Involved as much as possible. I reckon it’ll be a case of alou and DWH fighting to partner Tulio up front. Alou won’t be doing the drop in role though.
Our wingers will be a rotation of jing, theo, millard, Doka and probably a new signing as we’re abit bare out wide now. Doka was given #2 though…

Taking into consideration the highly likely departures of mcgarry and moresche atm

Vuka
Doka Hally Brian Fazz
Jing max Nizz theo
Tulio alou/DWH

Is my predicted line up for this weekend.

Corsair

There is a case for Tulio to play wide, BUT
He’s our main man, we need him to be our focal point. Involved as much as possible. I reckon it’ll be a case of alou and DWH fighting to partner Tulio up front. Alou won’t be doing the drop in role though.
Our wingers will be a rotation of jing, theo, millard, Doka and probably a new signing as we’re abit bare out wide now. Doka was given #2 though…

Taking into consideration the highly likely departures of mcgarry and moresche atm

Vuka
Doka Hally Brian Fazz
Jing max Nizz theo
Tulio alou/DWH

Is my predicted line up for this weekend.
Hall and Kaltak as CB's is a worry, they both have occasional clangers and red cards in their playbook. I think we'll see Windy developed a lot this season, I hope so. That's if it's not the intention to play Faz as a CB.

Last edited:

Michael

Visa CB I reckon. Our spine is weak still and you build title winning teams from the back
Also agree with this

This time last year we were screaming for an experienced visa CB. But we have 4 CB’s atm. Brian, Hally, Windust and Paull (fazz too if needed)
I don’t see Monty signing another one unless maybe Cam leaves. Perhaps Hally stayed because of some assurances…

midfielder

A visa player or 2 to come into the mix. Jing Reec is also being played wide so far. Interesting times ahead.
You are normally right and I assume you have good inside info....

If Monty can rebuild the side for a third year especially after so many key players sold over the last two years, he will highly sort by overseas club's..... can't see him at another A-L club as its taken years to get the clubs systems to where they are today and it can't be done overnight...

Given his knowledge of Australian youth, he could also be a target to replace Arnold, if he pulls off another season like the last two...

Tevor

You are normally right and I assume you have good inside info....

If Monty can rebuild the side for a third year especially after so many key players sold over the last two years, he will highly sort by overseas club's..... can't see him at another A-L club as its taken years to get the clubs systems to where they are today and it can't be done overnight...

Given his knowledge of Australian youth, he could also be a target to replace Arnold, if he pulls off another season like the last two...
He will not want a National job I feel, like Ange I feel Monty does best with a club/team and not getting players for a few days before a match. I think Arnie does ok with the National team set up, does not suit everyone.

pjennings

With no knowledge of how we are playing in pre-season this is my starting XI. Theo I'll leave on the bench ATM - until I see what a Monty pre-season has done to him.

Vuka
Storm Windust Brian Fazz
Doka Nizz Max Smith
Tulio Alou

Hall and Steele as defensive cover and plenty of choices for attacking cover - Theoharous, Di Pizio, Millard, Wenzell-Halls, Reec

Big Dog

With no knowledge of how we are playing in pre-season this is my starting XI. Theo I'll leave on the bench ATM - until I see what a Monty pre-season has done to him.

Vuka
Storm Windust Brian Fazz
Doka Nizz Max Smith
Tulio Alou

Hall and Steele as defensive cover and plenty of choices for attacking cover - Theoharous, Di Pizio, Millard, Wenzell-Halls, Reec
As things stand I think this is my 11 as well but Theo for Smith. Some have mentioned Millard but I really think it will be a big adjustment in level for him and he'll take a while.

Corsair

Agree, Storm was immense last season so shouldn't just be cast away this season.
Another year on the legs though and he was slowing a bit last season, he'll be 31 in Jan. Definitely still a good player but might be subbed a bit more this season.

Corsair

Jing Reec is looking powerful, I'll be excited to hopefully see him and Alou up front together at some point, with Tulio feeding them. With DWH as well to choose from we're going to have some serious pace up front.

365777554_1016097426456475_283228642274254950_n.jpg

Corsair

Moresche departure announced, shame.

Basically sounds like he was unlikely to get as much game time as he wanted.

turbo

Moresche departure announced, shame.

That doesn’t read like he’s the one that was looking for the move away. It’s harsh but I think DWH provides as much without taking a visa slot and likely cheaper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred