• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

shipwreck

Just seems silly, like isn't that the whole point of the contract. If you were under performing you wouldnt accept being paid less.

Meerkat

I’m told he’s actually still contracted.
He wants to stay. Wants more $ though.
Surely we can afford to up his salary to keep him, from what we’ve sold the Dingo for, at the very least.

I get you don’t spend all your money on one player. Totally. But you need to at least attempt to pay someone what they are worth when they have earned it. Otherwise of course they will go elsewhere.

Corsair

Surely we can afford to up his salary to keep him, from what we’ve sold the Dingo for, at the very least.

I get you don’t spend all your money on one player. Totally. But you need to at least attempt to pay someone what they are worth when they have earned it. Otherwise of course they will go elsewhere.
Increase one and the rest will want an increase...

Michael

This is absolutely my thinking. The amount of transfer fees we’ve received and are likely to still receive. We can give wage bumps to those most crucial players, like Tulio, max, niz etc. it only increases their market value too. Yes ofcourse much of the incoming fees need to go toward club running and a few off field improvements. But we signed cumdog on reported minimum wage originally and he was rumoured to be on $2.1k a week when he left after he got improved terms end of his first season here.
We can do it. Atleast for another season.

Corsair

This is absolutely my thinking. The amount of transfer fees we’ve received and are likely to still receive. We can give wage bumps to those most crucial players, like Tulio, max, niz etc. it only increases their market value too. Yes ofcourse much of the incoming fees need to go toward club running and a few off field improvements. But we signed cumdog on reported minimum wage originally and he was rumoured to be on $2.1k a week when he left after he got improved terms end of his first season here.
We can do it. Atleast for another season.
We probably can't "do it" otherwise we already would have.

There's no doubt we want him to stay but you don't know what he's asking for, there's obviously a discrepancy or he'd have signed already. Probably got an agent trying to influence him as well.

There's more to a job than money, if a player's main goal is to maximize their wages then we're the wrong club for them. I think he'd do better staying another season with us and that's what everyone wants (reportedly including him).

The resume looks pretty good after a GF win and the season he had though so I guess he's taking the opportunity to sniff around a few other clubs and see what he's worth.

Ironbark

Tulio seems like a simple one - without the benefit of insight.

Basically,
- if he goes we lose as a player him and get little in the way of fees
- if we increase his wage and extend his contract we keep him as a player for longer and sell for a bigger fee, almost certainly more than he'd cost us in extra wages

Michael

I’ve heard more that he’s contracted for the next season than that he’s not. We know he’s getting Saudi interest (big money). We know he loves it here. So have to assume he’s seen what’s on offer there and is asking for a pay rise to stay where he’s happy.

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a monetary prize for becoming champion and qualifying for a continental tournament to help us in a situation like this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred