• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Hello Sailor

Edmo against any form of quality is poor
I've been wondering for a while about him so I had a look on Transfermarkt.
I dont think that it is anywhere near good enough. BTW I am not a fan of Reec either.

Hello Sailor

how would the dollars compare for a top Krygyz team to us
Its a crude measure, but their total squad value is 3.55M euros, and CCM's is 5.23M Euros.

AuzDutchy

I've been wondering for a while about him so I had a look on Transfermarkt.
I dont think that it is anywhere near good enough. BTW I am not a fan of Reec either.
whats crazier for me is Edmos number in league 1 before coming to join us, dude scored less goals in more minutes in league most consider to be comparable to Aliga.

but i do wonder how much of the lack of goals for CF is due to the way Jacko plays, his style might not be that focused on getting goals for our number 9 and more focused on him breaking up opposition play.

next year will be the main tell, with a whole pre season under his belt, Jacko can build his own team, before getting poached to India 2 weeks out from season start

turbo

but i do wonder how much of the lack of goals for CF is due to the way Jacko plays,

Well that and he who cannot be played never passing to him when he made good runs. The squad has all been guilty of missing them but there's one who pretty much refused to. If they work on that more next season it will pay off.

Yeah, can't see him going until at least the end of the Champions League. He has repeatedly emphasised his desire to coach us against the best of Asia.
I think the main worry would be if we werent prepared to give him a squad he feels he could have a go with. We'll never give him a stacked squad like City but need to be prepared to bring in some talent for ACL if we are losing / selling players.

Big Dog

but i do wonder how much of the lack of goals for CF is due to the way Jacko plays, his style might not be that focused on getting goals for our number 9 and more focused on him breaking up opposition play.
I do think there's something in this. I said months ago our strikers involvements in games is a concern. The fact none of the three have been very effective and yet DWH can't get a run suggests he wants a particular type of forward

Last edited:

AuzDutchy

I do think there's something in this. I said months ago our strikers involvements in games is a concern. The fact none of the three have been very effective and yet DWH can't get a run suggests he wants a particular type of forward
On DWH, a friend of a friend asked him directly for me, why he isnt getting any game time and his response was exactly this, Jacko wants a different type of ST to what we have

turbo

On DWH, a friend of a friend asked him directly for me, why he isnt getting any game time and his response was exactly this, Jacko wants a different type of ST to what we have
That's such a garbage reason to freeze someone out especially since we dont have what hes after. DWH can absolutely be a pest like Alou. More mongrel than Reec and at least the same scoring abilities. I'd be more inclined to accept it's due to him making a pass at someone's missus or running over Marvin's dog.

Corsair

That's such a garbage reason to freeze someone out especially since we dont have what hes after. DWH can absolutely be a pest like Alou. More mongrel than Reec and at least the same scoring abilities. I'd be more inclined to accept it's due to him making a pass at someone's missus or running over Marvin's dog.
Too small would be my guess. Kuol wins headers and Edmo can hold the ball up and muscle big CB's.

Spacks

I think they're looking for a #9 to flick the ball on via headers for our pacey wingers to pounce on.

turbo

Too small would be my guess. Kuol wins headers and Edmo can hold the ball up and muscle big CB's.
Yeah I just feel like its such a small component of the game to be writing someone off for. Imagine if we had done that to Nizzy or Max.

I think they're looking for a #9 to flick the ball on via headers for our pacey wingers to pounce on.
How often do we see that happen though?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andreas