• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

priorpeter

. so he was essentially on loan but a new 2 year deal was announced to appease fans as he was the only front third player remaining from last season's success?
Not quite. A new two year deal with a veeerrrrryyy substantial increase in pay was done in an attempt to keep him here as long as possible, while also being very aware that it was hugely likely he would go in Jan.
The wages on offer from the J-League dwarf what he was on here, and he is our highest paid player in quite some time.

People complaining about the club “choosing” to sell mid season - the alternative is knocking back offers, player gets stroppy, refuses to train, the PFA get involved, and we have a sulky circa $400k p.a Brazilian problem, potentially disrupting the squad and flying a massive red flag for any future potential transfer targets.

Meerkat

Not quite. A new two year deal with a veeerrrrryyy substantial increase in pay was done in an attempt to keep him here as long as possible, while also being very aware that it was hugely likely he would go in Jan.
The wages on offer from the J-League dwarf what he was on here, and he is our highest paid player in quite some time.

People complaining about the club “choosing” to sell mid season - the alternative is knocking back offers, player gets stroppy, refuses to train, the PFA get involved, and we have a sulky circa $400k p.a Brazilian problem, potentially disrupting the squad and flying a massive red flag for any future potential transfer targets.
Fair call Pete. Can’t keep a player here who doesn’t want be here. That’s recipe for failure all round.

Still a tough blow though.

pjennings

I can't say I'm surprised - and good luck to him. We have seen MJ turn the season around - now he has to see who he can get. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan from the Leeds squad. A few strikers there not getting game time (and I saw very pasty lad at the COE yesterday - not training- just talking). I also expect we will see another RW.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

I can't say I'm surprised - and good luck to him. We have seen MJ turn the season around - now he has to see who he can get. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan from the Leeds squad. A few strikers there not getting game time (and I saw very pasty lad at the COE yesterday - not training- just talking). I also expect we will see another RW.
As long as it's not Bamford!

pjennings

That said Bamford and MJ seem to have had high opinions of each other. He was a very good player before a number of injuries.

Ironbark

Hmmm. Tulio is a big part of our current momentum so that definitely sucks, but he's also too good to stay in reality. Expected it mostly.
Do wish we got to keep him for the full season as a fan though.

Now to see what Jacko can do and how he recruits. Chance to start building his own squad. May be a few bumps ahead but he always was playing with someone else's squad. The next chapter begins.

pjennings

£5m plus wages of about £20k a week.
You know we are beyond broke?
A long way beyond
I did say a loan - I also said not Bamford - so no £5m and only a portion of the wages for maybe 5 months. Assume that Tulio was on $400,000 as someone quoted - that is $200,000 until the June transfer window. That money can be put towards a loan deal for 5 months.

Last edited:

Stuartmcateer

This is the harsh reality so many people will never be able to grasp.
Ofcourse, it’s not fine. But that’s sport in this country. It’s the culture of the country. We’d either rather watch on telly at home because it’s too hot, too sunny, too much hassle, too wet, too cold, shit KO time. Than be a bum on the seat in the stadium.
OR
we think we’re too good to put eyeballs on the aleague because it ain’t the EPL.

That’s why there’s no profit in football in this country that’s why we can’t pay players to stay that’s why we are a selling club.
There’s no profit in football in this country because it’s the 4th football code and the media owns the 2 biggest.

Sponsorship flocks to the games on tv (who owns the game remember).

The other stuff just keeps us in our place.

Corsair

Flip side, every player knows they can do whatever they want and we'll capitulate. Relegation is what this league needs.

Huddo

Flip side, every player knows they can do whatever they want and we'll capitulate. Relegation is what this league needs.

It depends, as long as we are clear with our demands, and they are clear with their position, then there won't be any conflict.

I'm sure this situation would have been discussed when Tulio signed back on, and we would have reassured him with a comfortable release clause (and a understanding we wouldn't stop his career progression).

The issue is when players want to change there position mid contract e.g DDS and Sydney.

Also relegation will mean teams will be risk adverse, avoiding youth and risky signings like tulio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred