• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Corsair

Given all the 10's we have had, Tommy P, Musty, Rogic... Nizzy may struggle to get in.

Faz IMO our best left back, Ryan would be my keeper.... Would Sans be pushed to right back with BK & Dutchy as the CB's...
Who do you want up front? McBreen, Dingo, Simmo?

Tulio on the RW?

pjennings

Oh tasty, I think Niz is a given and I can't think of a better keeper than Vuka. Midfield positions are a lot harder, Max is quality but we've had some seriously good mids over the years. I don't think any of the current strikers make the cut. Who do you want at LB...Faz or Rosey?

We should do an all time worst 11 as well. I'll get it started with Kennedy, Seip and Asdrubal. Melling was pretty honking as well.
No love for Sonic?

FFC Mariner

(4231)
Ryan

Storm
Sains
Triantis
Heff

Monty
Niz

Silvera
Tommy P
Tulio

Cumdog

That side walks over just about anyone from last 20 years - including Ange's Roar. Note how many from Monty's GF side too

dlanod

(4231)
Ryan

Storm
Sains
Triantis
Heff

Monty
Niz

Silvera
Tommy P
Tulio

Cumdog

That side walks over just about anyone from last 20 years - including Ange's Roar. Note how many from Monty's GF side too
I’d squeeze Rogic in over Sammy and work it out from there but no real complaints on this side.

Big Al

Given all the 10's we have had, Tommy P, Musty, Rogic... Nizzy may struggle to get in.
How many of those won a treble and were player of the season for the league.

Niz is flexible too. Absolute walk in. The others had flair but Niz got it done.

Kaltak would also be in my 11. Vuka just over Ryan.
Faz vs Rosey - Both are very different and is a coin flip but Faz header to win the League gets him in.

The fact these guys did what they did this year as well as playing and winning in Asia gets them over the line in close calls

pjennings

With no Patrick Z, no Kaltak, no Rogic, no Niz, no Danny V, no Simon, no McBreen

If you stick with your XI - then this wouldn't be a bad bench

localpom

Almost impossible to choose. Could pick 5 different teams.

Matty R
Wilko
Patty Z,
Brian K,
Faz

Monty
Jedi

Niz
Duric
Tom R

Dukey

Ironbark

We really are spoilt for choice for players vying for a first 11.

What about a best 23 - greatest team of the first 20 years - to start with and then we can figure out who starts and who makes the bench based on different formations?

nero

Dutchy and Kaltak have to have been our best CBs.
I'm for Vuka over Ryan. Matty went to high places but Vuka has been better playing for us and captain.
Strikers have to be Mcbreen, Simo and Cumdog.
The rest is very difficult but I would have Niz in the team.

Wedgie

Don't know if it deserves a thread or not but we drew Heidelberg in the first round of the Australia Cup.

Last edited:

pjennings

We really are spoilt for choice for players vying for a first 11.

What about a best 23 - greatest team of the first 20 years - to start with and then we can figure out who starts and who makes the bench based on different formations?
My picks for a 23 - a number of players are very adaptable.,

Mathew Ryan, Danny Vukovic

Trent Sainsbury, Storm Roux, Patrick Zwaanswijk, Kye Rowles, Josh Rose, Jacob Farrell, Brian Kaltak, Alex Wilkinson

Tom Rogic, Tom Pondeljak, Nick Montgomery, Mile Jedinak, Marco Túlio, Josh Nisbet, Patricio Perez

Mile Sterjovski, Matt Simon, John Aloisi, Jason Cummings, Daniel McBreen, Damian Mori

Last edited:

Huddo

My picks for a 23 - a number of players are very adaptable.,

Mathew Ryan, Danny Vukovic

Trent Sainsbury, Storm Roux, Patrick Zwaanswijk, Kye Rowles, Josh Rose, Jacob Farrell, Brian Kaltak, Alex Wilkinson

Tom Rogic, Tom Pondeljak, Nick Montgomery, Mile Jedinak, Marco Túlio, Josh Nisbet, Patricio Perez

Mile Sterjovski, Matt Simon, John Aloisi, Jason Cummings, Daniel McBreen, Damian Mori

Pretty much mine, but I'd sub out Aloisi for Gumprecht, and possibly Mori for Hutch. And only have 4 forwards. Just feel although JA and DM were great footballers they didn't contribute as much as some of the others.

pjennings

Pretty much mine, but I'd sub out Aloisi for Gumprecht, and possibly Mori for Hutch. And only have 4 forwards. Just feel although JA and DM were great footballers they didn't contribute as much as some of the others.
I can very much live with those tweaks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred