• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Club Ownership

midfielder

Wonders aloud how much is in the bank and what level of sponsorship revenue we have.

I can recall MC saying he was not willing to put another dollar into the club.

Maybe APL take over the licence and look for a buyer.

crock

Wonders aloud how much is in the bank and what level of sponsorship revenue we have.

With the all the staff all suddenly departing may gave mc a change of heart plus seeing the grand final in gosford as he was at the game plus technically he was still majority shareholder as he had more than 50 percent of share

Wombat

Maybe if they bulldoze soccer 5's. I don't see a stadium that would be up to a-league standard fitting on the 1 field and half training pitch.
The club doesnt own Soccer 5's and its also one of the best 5 a side venues in Australia so FO to that idea. Plenty of land at the CoE and the Central Coast Regional Sporting & Recreation Complex which is 3 mins away easily has the space AND we now have a decent mayor.

Stuartmcateer

The club doesnt own Soccer 5's and its also one of the best 5 a side venues in Australia so FO to that idea. Plenty of land at the CoE and the Central Coast Regional Sporting & Recreation Complex which is 3 mins away easily has the space AND we now have a decent mayor.
I wasn't suggesting bulldozing it. Just that to build anything decent at the coe would have to take up some of the footprint it is on.

The regional complex is owned by a council that has less money than the club and has been in administration for years. The new mayor isn't going to do anything for the club there or with the stadium deal.

LFCMariners

I'll reserve judgement on this latest development until more details come to light, beyond an official statement from just one of the parties involved. It's too fresh for anything more than speculation at this point.

The issue for me is this is yet another example of the club missing a golden opportunity to further entrench itself in the region and capitalise on the goodwill from the GF. The GF and the scenes after the F/T whistle immediately became part of Central Coast folklore. There were kids who ran onto the pitch who will still talk about that next century, and their kids will wish they could travel back in time to the 2024 Grand Final to experience it for themselves. That night did for the Central Coast what hosting Expo 88 did for Brisbane in terms of its' identity, and ideally the first day people involved at the club went back to work after the GF they should've been fully focused on how to promote the amazing treble achievement + home GF win and convert it into revenue for the club.

Without meaning to show my power level too much, i have a background in marketing. If it were up to me, I would've pulled out all stops to do the following:

* Ensure a surplus of commemorative Treble/ Champions merchandise available for purchase at major outlets across the Central Coast in major retail centres

* Offer existing members free/ half-price 2024/25 memberships in exchange for volunteering at pop-up CCM merchandise/ membership stalls at the major retail centres in the CC (Deepwater Plaza for the Peninsula, Erina Fair for people from the old Gosford City Council area, Westfield Tuggerah for the northern lot etc.)

* Get supporters to sticker-bomb iconic Central Coast locations with promotions for 2024/25 membership and a QR code so people can sign-up on the spot

* Radio advertising campaigns promoting membership for the upcoming season + early bird specials

* Work with major outlets across Central Coast retail centres to get them stocking CCM supporter/ on-field gear

* Ensure there's plenty of commemorative Treble/ Champions merch available at temporary stands outside the stadium on match-days

Get the casual fans wearing CCM/ Treble/ Champions gear out and about and its more promotion for the club and the Mariners brand that doesn't rely solely on people employed by the club/ the diehard fans. If (and it's an IF) results go to shit this coming season, the goodwill factor from last seasons' amazing feat is still fresh and if/ when fortunes turn around you have more members invested in the club and the casuals are more eager to come back because (on a subconscious level) they see following the Mariners as a more clearly defined part of the Central Coast identity.

TBF it's not just the club who are dropping the ball here, it's the league as a whole. The A-League had this period in the early 2010's where it was reaching mainstream acceptance and in the public consciousness, but now it's slipped back into the realm of niche sport category.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

On reflection I would guess he pretty much made up his mind to bail at the end of last season. It would have been then that it became obvious that he was never going to get the Club into a break even position, which I am sure was the bottom line of his self set KPIs.
At that point it became a matter of cutting his losses for this season and we started to see the departure of staff.

I suspect there would have been a penalty clause in his lease agreement with MC. The cut in funding from the A-League may have then made financial sense for him to cop the penalty rather than pay the bills for the rest of this season.

Hopefully if there is a penalty, it goes to the Club and there is enough from it to cover costs for a while, because I doubt he will have used every penny from memberships etc. to ensure that he is out of pocket for the minimum possible amount.

I doubt there will not be a lot left in the petty cash tin.

marinermick

I do understand your point of view. Monty raises a golden generation, Rich rolls in at the right time, enjoys the glory and sells everyone to limit his losses, guts the back office then f**ks off. This season will really show what Jacko is made of. It's his squad, albeit on a shoestring.

I hear this narrative a lot and it really annoys me and gives a real disservice to many.

Monty did not raise a golden generation. He just took he glory for it. That generation was already raised when Monty took over.

There were a number of people at the academy that were responsible for scouting and player development from 13s onwards that created this generation. This was led by Ken and fine tuned by Ben Cahn.

Ancient Mariner

This is the big question.
Forget about selling the Club/licence.
Is there anyone out there who will take it on for free?

Reactions: adz

Meerkat

I wonder if we were sitting with two ACL wins if Dick would have hung on a little longer?
I don’t think so. Who would have ever thought we would win back to back championships and a Treble. Nothing was going to be enough.

Reading these posts, would anybody hazard to make a list of all of the staff he punted / drove out?

Off the top of my head..
Ken S - Football Director
Shaun M - CEO
Christo- Youth Coach
Bryce (strength and conditioning)
Monty & Serg left during his tenure
Andy Bernal
Andres (analyst brought in from Leeds)
John Donnelly- Physio
Gabby B
Dan C
By the sounds of it the whole office staff.

Who else? Other than the many, many sponsors.. DMC and MATE top of the list.

Thats a lot in a 2.5 year period, particularly given how many were long standing.

Last edited:

crock

I don’t think so. Who would have ever thought we would win back to back championships and a Treble. Nothing was going to be enough.

Reading these posts, would anybody hazard to make a list of all of the staff he punted / drove out?

Off the top of my head..
Ken S - Football Director
Shaun M - CEO
Christo- Youth Coach
Bryce (strength and conditioning)
Monty & Serg left during his tenure
Andy Bernal
Andres (analyst brought in from Leeds)
John Donnelly- Physio
Gabby B
Dan C
By the sounds of it the whole office staff.

Who else? Other than the many, many sponsors.. DMC and MATE too of the list.

Thats a lot in a 2.5 year period, particularly given how many were long standing.
Wonder if Charlesworth would bring any back

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeikeDeBoo