• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Club Ownership

LG__

Great farewell message imo,

Slightly concerning in regards to the second last line of his message saying he’s $7 million out of pocket?

If that’s really what Rich has personally spent the last couple years chasing success one can fully understand him walking away, but I think we can all assume MC will not be putting anywhere near as much money in.

Big Al

Well Rich was a tough bastard and had great success. Was a great time and a great team that won’t be forgotten.

May also have killed off the people who would work for no money though and would desperately be needed to find the change under the couch.

Trouble’s ahead and more moves to Canberra and North Sydney back on the agenda.

APL killed any hope i would guess

Big Al

Right now the club needs us more than anything
Should be ok this season. Will be similar to the Moss post Arnie season. It’s the year after and so on that is the worry.

Neither charlesworth or Peil could get backers.

Auckland is out there selling part ownership to NBA and other NZ stars

Michael

Cant make the hurdles MC set him so bailing and blaming the funding cuts.
Interesting as MC could be remote knowing he had Shaun. Not sure he will have confidence in the APL hire
What do you mean? The funding cuts can’t not be an excuse. It’s f**king massively detrimental to the entire league. Rich is well off but he’s not topping any money list. Can’t hate him for bailing, he didn’t want to go bankrupt.

Our only hope is that someone wealthy somewhere in the world happened to see what our club did in the last 2 seasons and feels like burning cash.

Corsair

6 days before the season starts we find out the Chairman has quit.

New CEO.

Most of the experienced staff gone.

Charlesworth back in the Chairman's seat.

Very young inexperienced squad with our best player injured before the season even starts.

We're in deep shit now, gonna be a rough ride, we better get behind Jacko and support the coaching staff if things start going downhill, they're all we've got left now.

bikinigirl

Cant make the hurdles MC set him so bailing and blaming the funding cuts.

. i can't follow this logic

. i think it was his hurdles of sustainability that were too hard to achieve (yes, thank you APL) ... there was always a risk that he realised before the three years was up that owning a football club (or 50% of one) is always going to cost money (for it to be what you want) and that he would walk away

. to me, the risk was always that Rich wouldn't want to buy 50% of the club ... not that hurdles wouldn't be met

... and why would Mike not want someone to share half the losses. best case scenario for Mike is that his outgoings just doubled* - a worse, but more likely scenario, is that he returns to his previous ways and invests less and the self-perpetuating: spend less, make a lot less continues

* but i believe Rich has been funding all of the recent losses so there is no maths to express that as a multiple

adz

Staff member
IMO the community ownership thing is a bit of a fantasy and the club should be chasing more/bigger corporate sponsors, more members - I guess thats where the community comes into it. The sponsors not sure why we only stick to local companies when we play in a nationwide comp that also plays in Asia. We could also get a sports betting company on board, they have lots of cash. They're no worse than a crypto company. :popcorn:

bikinigirl

So. You are agreeing he couldn't meet the hurdles so he quit?

. not exactly ... i think he would have walked away regardless - and he set the hurdles so he didn't have to quit. it is a subtle difference in my eyes and one i don't expect other people to distinguish

. i'm not disputing the hurdles weren't met but it is more of an excuse than a reason in my opinion

AJames

IMO the community ownership thing is a bit of a fantasy and the club should be chasing more/bigger corporate sponsors, more members - I guess thats where the community comes into it. The sponsors not sure why we only stick to local companies when we play in a nationwide comp that also plays in Asia. We could also get a sports betting company on board, they have lots of cash. They're no worse than a crypto company. :popcorn:
Signed a partnership with NSW Gov, saying we won’t have or advertise any betting partners.

bikinigirl

IMO the community ownership thing is a bit of a fantasy

. agreed

. how many of the people that keep pushing this agenda* are able to contribute more than a couple of bucks per year (out of the ~$3m needed) ... i.e. 30,000 people would need to be chucking in $100 a year, every year ... just to maintain the status quo (assuming we maintain success and everything else on the pitch) - at the very best, maybe 10% of that would be possible

. and that doesn't even consider the initial buy in ... which is what Mike has been holding out for all these years - and would be multiples of these figures

* i am not trying to discourage the passion, just trying to be realistic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeikeDeBoo