• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

Rising Sun

Tulio started again played 66 mins. He put the cross in for Kyoto's first goal and almost scored with a header. Kyoto conceded an equaliser in stoppage time but then got the winner with the last kick for a vital 3 points in their relegation battle.

Dukey started and played 75m as Machida beat Nagoya. Langerak let the only goal through his hands and then started whinging at his defence

Rising Sun

JoyfulPenguin

Marco Túlio potentially in action for Kyoto Sanga at 7:30 on Optus Sport tonight if you're starved for Mariners related action.

A win and Kyoto are probably out of the relegation spots.

Mitch Duke's league leading Machida Zelvia in action at the same time but sadly not being broadcast.

JoyfulPenguin

Johnathan Aspropotamitis played a full match and conceded a penalty in the 97th minute for Pohang, Jeju convereted and won 2-1.

Was his first league appearence for nearly a month.

Tevor

Marco Túlio potentially in action for Kyoto Sanga at 7:30 on Optus Sport tonight if you're starved for Mariners related action.

A win and Kyoto are probably out of the relegation spots.

Mitch Duke's league leading Machida Zelvia in action at the same time but sadly not being broadcast.
In the starting line up and has been getting some starts lately so on the improve

booney

Ryan to Roma is an interesting move-will he be a bench warmer or the first choice?I don't know who has been the keeper for Roma and whether there has been a move by him away from the club.

Allreet?

Gauci (the heir apparent) is also a bench warmer. I'd suggest that, more than any other position, GK is the one where you have to be playing regularly to have your timing and confidence sharp.

On a personal note, I was playing O45s on the weekend and had to play in goals for the first time in a while. I used to be a pretty good keeper and played at a decent level. I was almost never beaten by a shot from outside the box and loved the opportunity to show off with a big flashy dive.

On the weekend a perfect shot for showing off was hit at me... I can save that, I thought, I'll just take a step to my left then launch into horizontality and turn it round the post...

It was past me in a flash. Leaving me flat on the grass and bemoaning the ravages of time.

pjennings

Gauci (the heir apparent) is also a bench warmer. I'd suggest that, more than any other position, GK is the one where you have to be playing regularly to have your timing and confidence sharp.

On a personal note, I was playing O45s on the weekend and had to play in goals for the first time in a while. I used to be a pretty good keeper and played at a decent level. I was almost never beaten by a shot from outside the box and loved the opportunity to show off with a big flashy dive.

On the weekend a perfect shot for showing off was hit at me... I can save that, I thought, I'll just take a step to my left then launch into horizontality and turn it round the post...

It was past me in a flash. Leaving me flat on the grass and bemoaning the ravages of time.
I suspect the ravages of time have caught up more with me. A few years ago I was warming up my son who is also a keeper. He wanted to try a penalty. I put it past him. He, as an 18 y.o., said do better. I hadn't played since the early 80's and am relatively short for a keeper. He put it high but slightly to my left. My brain said I could get it and my body agreed (it won't do that again). I heard every bone in my back crack as I stretched for it and tipped it over the bar. Thankfully when he plays these days it is as a fullback and I can offer nothing to help him.

Allreet?

I suspect the ravages of time have caught up more with me. A few years ago I was warming up my son who is also a keeper. He wanted to try a penalty. I put it past him. He, as an 18 y.o., said do better. I hadn't played since the early 80's and am relatively short for a keeper. He put it high but slightly to my left. My brain said I could get it and my body agreed (it won't do that again). I heard every bone in my back crack as I stretched for it and tipped it over the bar. Thankfully when he plays these days it is as a fullback and I can offer nothing to help him.
Ouch

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred