• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup Round of 32 vs Hindenburg United

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Christ, the more you watch their 3rd goal the worse it is for Pav.
Didn't commit and stood there waiting for the attacker. Kicked it straight into him, then didn’t even think to foul him in the corner.

Big Al

Brian tried to look like Dan. Not bad effort but more work required from the barber.

First objective to save money achieved. No more unnecessary travel.

I am in the majority that didn’t think Kuz was good. Couldn’t get past or round the defense an his crosses and corners were bad.

Brandtman has something special but he needs to be careful it’s not all 100% tricks. Needs some base simplicity as well. Although the touch to put Koul through was sublime.

Alfie. Dare i say it outloud looks like a younger 🤫 Bozanic. 😬. He will nail a couple of outside the box bombs this year

4 competitive A League games until Diesel starts.

Another treble incoming

Some passing looked good for a new team in the first 15. Good things to come. Nothing to panic about.

Even the punching bags of Wilson and Paull weren’t horrible. Not great but that’s improvement

We will leak a few weird goals this year

turbo

Christ, the more you watch their 3rd goal the worse it is for Pav.
Didn't commit and stood there waiting for the attacker. Kicked it straight into him, then didn’t even think to foul him in the corner.
I was wondering if he over thought it. If we werent at the death and chasing a goal we wouldnt have been so far up the pitch and we wouldn't have needed to keep possession. If we dont need to keep the ball he can put his foot through it and send it out for a throw/goal kick/scrap down their end. Ultimately that moment didnt cost us the game and he'll learn from it. Little things like when to foul, when it would be yellow vs red etc.. are all part of that process.

Spacks

Looking for the scapegoat they want rather than putting it on regulars & favorites. Wilson in particular could play an almost perfect game and he would still cop shit for it. It's not a good look for mariners fans.
Agreed.

scoober

As I said early in the game - pretty happy with all the new recruits who showed they have the goods.

Whilst Alou didn't take his scoring opportunities he actually provided a fair bit in attack and defence and was technically better than I've seen him in the past. I still feel he and Edmo have several notches to ratchet up. If they do they'll be awesome, if not... well more of what we got last night.

Feel sorry for DWH not even making the bench.

Jacko used this as a bit of a preseason friendly I felt and rotated too many non- first 11 starters which ultimately undid us. Not a terrible idea giving them time in a competitive match with low stakes - but Australia Cup is a good opportunity for competitive minutes preseason and now we don't have that.

Doka has to be on the right. We missed Theo I thought too. Not sure why he wasn't in the squad.

Hopefully Pav had his Maty Ryan moment early on and learns from it. Poor Kaltak had a couple of mistakes too, but his distribution is better than ever and no doubt will be a feature of the season.

Still confident we'll be top 6 at least.
Theo is injured atm, right knee. DWH left at home to train with NPL

ccf

"4 competitive A League games until Diesel starts"

Big Al, what do you mean by this? Is he not available for first 4 games?

true believer

Only positives I can take from that is the new CM, Kuz and Diesel looked decent.
Sit down and have a glass of shairz boys and girls . That was our first hit out after another off season gutting .
Im not unhappy we're out of the cup .

The new pommy was very good .great buy
The brazilian looked a hand full
Diesel looks the goods
Margulies nice

Last edited:

Michael

i also thought kuol worked all over the park. regularly dropping back into midfield .

I absolutely hate when he, or any striker does that.
What will our out ball be when the striker drops to DM to make a tackle? At any level of the game. Trust your midfield to win the ball back. Be the forward option. Only press the opposition players in your area (CB’s & DM’s)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred