• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions league Elite Group

Rising Sun

Plus guaranteed USD$800,000 (AU$1.2m) for all league stage entrants.
I presume there isn't a match specific travel allowance on top of that.

But even without any travel subsidy that is a nice little windfall - there is enough there to cover the 4 away games AND make Nizzy a decent marquee offer (and still have some change)

pjennings

Actually closer to 93M AUD. We can only dream.

Edit - As the AFC Champions League was shifted from an intra-year schedule to an inter-year schedule starting from 2023–24, only three seasons of the AFC Champions League were completed within the 2021 to 2024 timeframe, resulting in the remaining slot allocated using the 4-year club ranking.

If we were to win we would be the first year of the 2029 Club World Cup. This is the one that Football Australia is bidding for.

Last edited:

Archie

Here’s a question, if you were to be the owner of the club WHEN we win the champions league, what would you do with the money?

Archie

buy out charlesworth and COE

look to build/purchase our own stadium either industree or a smaller boutique stadium that is designed to amplify our active area voices.

Increase youth coaching department.
I wouldn’t want to move away from Gosford as it it’s just too iconic and is a big part of who we are but an upgrade is very much needed

adz

Staff member
Here’s a question, if you were to be the owner of the club WHEN we win the champions league, what would you do with the money?

Great question and I think easy for people to blow off with their own personal obvious answer. To me I think more expensive players is a bit of a trap. Get some high paid player that on paper should carve up the league but they come in cocky, thinking they are above everyone else, put no effort in, and end up being shit? I would hope any sort of money like these numbers being thrown about would be put into more long term things like academy or building a stronger fan base or doing things for the corporate sponsors... boring stuff that ensures the club will be here for many years and not rely on oil money or some twat that won big on bitcoin.

Spacks

Great question and I think easy for people to blow off with their own personal obvious answer. To me I think more expensive players is a bit of a trap. Get some high paid player that on paper should carve up the league but they come in cocky, thinking they are above everyone else, put no effort in, and end up being shit? I would hope any sort of money like these numbers being thrown about would be put into more long term things like academy or building a stronger fan base or doing things for the corporate sponsors... boring stuff that ensures the club will be here for many years and not rely on oil money or some twat that won big on bitcoin.
f**k the marquee, invest in youth development and infrastructure. So we can keep churning out $1m/year in transfers and instalments.

pjennings

f**k the marquee, invest in youth development and infrastructure. So we can keep churning out $1m/year in transfers and instalments.
This . But $1m per year needs to be amped up. Not necessarily in quantity but in quality.

Spacks

This . But $1m per year needs to be amped up. Not necessarily in quantity but in quality.

idk how the transfer fees work in regards to taxes, is it better to get a large fee upfront or a small fee (500,000 upfront) and then additional installment every 6 months/12 months for a set period ( $***,*** every 6 months for 2/4 years?)

Reactions: adz

Big Al

buy out charlesworth and COE

look to build/purchase our own stadium either industree or a smaller boutique stadium that is designed to amplify our active area voices.

Increase youth coaching department.
It’s the club money. So the shareholders can take it out but the club can’t buy out the shareholders. It had to have shareholders to exist.

Obviously they would take what they are owed and then you hope the balance stays within the club to fund it for a very long time

VonBowellski

How much did the club actually see from winning the AFC Cup? Wasn't the money sent through FA and then they decided what would be passed on to the club?

Corsair

f**k that get Dingo back!

adz

Staff member
f**k that get Dingo back!

Not really what I was thinking of to swerve away from - I think we know Dingo and how good he is now so bringing him back would just be a question of setting a price we can afford.

I was more thinking that a club with a bigger budgets basically paying more across the board for players but do they get better quality? Or maybe money gets thrown at other random things that don't necessarily produce any sort of on or off field results. With a tighter budget you need to make sure every dollar counts a bit more than if you have a ton of money to chuck around. Ideally we could work out how to do both - ton of money + spent wisely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred