• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions league Elite Group

Coastalraider

Some really good signs.

My concern at this stage is it seems with 2 actual strikers up top, and two attacking wingers, there is a real disconnect between our midfielders and point men. Niz playing up top last year he really played more 10, and neither of Kuol or Edmo seem that type of creative player. Both need service and not sure Tapp/Alfie can provide it from the deep.

I think a real key to this year and our success is Migzy and how he can potentially link everything together ala Niz.

Ads

Some really good signs.

My concern at this stage is it seems with 2 actual strikers up top, and two attacking wingers, there is a real disconnect between our midfielders and point men. Niz playing up top last year he really played more 10, and neither of Kuol or Edmo seem that type of creative player. Both need service and not sure Tapp/Alfie can provide it from the deep.

I think a real key to this year and our success is Migzy and how he can potentially link everything together ala Niz.

This for sure.
Migz is a key component to getting Edmo on the ball in the right spots.

If Edmo and Kuol have the better experience in finishing big games I would also try De-Lima and Bradtmann starting games to try and piss off opposition as we find our feet in games.

And do a 5 midfield and try and get those combos with Alfie and Migz.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

I thought Macalmont dropped to deep alot. Almost with the backs. To similar to Tapp maybe. Both Niz and Balard could move forward or back but both Tapp and Macalmont seem to want to be deeper and too similar.

He still gives me Bozanic vibes with the run around and touch it to the CBs with no real point. Was expecting a bit more from him the other night and i want to see him having shots from the top of the box as looks from there
Steele will help with this, if he can have a spell of healthiness.

Wombat

Yeah i was wondering if Ronnie would have been better this year and he had creativity that maybe could of helped replace Niz. While he wasn’t a physical player he had some nice touches and passes.

Bit early to bag Fajio hard but he hasn’t looked good at all in either game and Ronnie might have been just getting through that adaptation period
Fajio does some amazing stuff but then follows it up with a poor moment. Still he looks better than Ronnie did to start with. I can see plenty of potential.

Ozhammer

Mrs OH and I watched the Burriram vs Vissel Kobe game last night and our next opponents are certainly no pushover, so we are going to need to improve on our performance against Shandong.

Supachai in particular looked threatening all night and was unlucky not to score at least one goal.

Looking forward to the game but hoping we will be a bit more cohesive all round, as we have to win our home games in this competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred