• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL Elite vs Buriram @ Our Paradise

Ads

Definitely no real changes in style of play from Jacko.

We can’t just rely on Dipizio to come back and link the middle to the front.

Jacko managed the players well last year as a group, but without Nizzy, Ballard and Farrell pulling the strings very hard to see how we are going to break down teams.

* DOKA looked frustrated, but should have rushed to that unmarked player instead of playing silly buggers on the first goal.

* KALTAK for the first time I can remember looked tired and down trodden after their second goal, head slouched over.

* TAPP & MARAGIUS we’re actually immense in their workload, Maraguis’s instructions are very hard to follow as half the game he is literally in line with our forwards. So MJ has no intention of him being able to defend a counter (that is switched).

* SAINSBURY missing I reckon is more of a mental battle. What could he have done to help us get over the line in that game?
Only maybe having an extra leader on the pitch and giving the younger fellas the calm and direction needed.

- I think A-league teams will have our number this year, a lot of draws and narrow victories and losses.
- Can only hope we remain more injury free than other teams and our young guys that get time make those moments matter like Di-Pizio last year.

Meerkat

I thought the same thing but looked at it more as a cost we don't need.
If you aren’t too bothered by it, give the spot to someone else. Do you know who else doesn’t need the cost? The fans. Tonight’s effort on all counts, stadium offerings included, weren’t worth the time or money and that’s not how you want to go into the season when you are still trying to drum up membership support.

Corsair

Yeah realistically we are not going to win it and it’s just good experience for the young blokes. I’ve committed to going to China in a few weeks and don’t ha expectations, might treat it more like a short holiday than a footy trip.
Thank f**k I didn't drop a few grand on a nothing game in Asia we'll send a junior team to. I'm sure it'll be a nice holiday but based on that performance we could get a real hiding in Asia. We got let off several times tonight it could have been a lot worse scoreline.

Last edited:

Corsair

Does anyone know what the go with Sains was? Is he injured or we didn't want to risk him before the season starts?

shipwreck

f**k, this is not great reading.

I was going to get up at 2am to watch this, sounds like a saved myself some heartbreak.

Would Pav be a starting GK in any other team? No. How have we not learned the lesson of how f**king important a good GK is, we literally signed Vukovic and won everything, now we're back to this.

Wombat

Guy in the leagues " why would I ever come back and pay 70 dollars for a family ticket when I can't even get food and drinks for the kids". Heaps of fans staying to watch 2nd half in the leagues. We're not gonna get sponsors like this.
Don't listen to tight arse flogs in the leagues Corsair. But yes the queues were a total embarrassment by the club and stadium. Is the new CEO aware of the shambles inside the stadium?

Ozhammer

Someone needs to sort the shit service at the stadium out for future ACLE games or their will be a big backlash from fans.

I missed the first 20’minutes of the game queueing for a fecking drink having started queuing 10’minutes before kick off.

What an utter shambles and Venues Live need to get their act together quick smart.

Not happy Jan

Corsair

Absolute shambles. Literally the worst queues I have ever seen. A shit show......and then you get to the bar and its only six strings beer which is barely drinkable.
What pissed me off even more is they have pictures of beer and prices on the tv's above the bar and not the game so you can't even watch it while you're in the queue. By far and away the worst ever setup in 12 years of home games. Totally incompetent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred