• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A League Games 2023/24

Omni

Why on earth would you even consider putting on something that is strongly and clearly attached to MV, at our GF?

It's that simple.

You don't put on a MV hype act at a CCM GF.

Glorious.

Only if Tomato Sauce gets to give the fans the finger afterwards
That was Barbie.

I’m sure there’s some mid US act touring that can wear a half and half jersey.

Insertnamehere

This.
And the APL budget won't even stretch to a local dance troupe. Last year they had Mashd N Kutcher as entertainment but at half time rather than pre game for some reason. This year's half time entertainment will be the further debasement of the Johnny Warren awards by presenting them while everyone is at the toilet / queuing at the beer or food outlets.

Pre game will be the cheap option of a hype man and crowd participation stuff like the dance cams
I'd completely forgotten about Mashd N Kutcher. Went alright but like a 2006 artist.

Stuartmcateer

Why assume that?
A GF is an entirely different beast to a regular season match.
If we have someone quality with a genuine link to the mariners we can use, then great.

And as it would be a GF (as everyone keeps mentioning) and not a regular home game there's no reason why the entertainment couldn't have both teams represented. Get the victory one out of the way early and the CCM aligned (if one such exists) in the run in to the teams walking out the tunnel.

We had 2 ground announcers at CommBank - 1 in mariners kit and one in city kit. City didn't just get to go full city because they were the "home" team.

pjennings

What was the entertainment last year? Who organised it? TBH I wouldn't have a clue and I was there. It is not for the TV audience either because the talking heads take up before and after the game as well as half time.

I also have no idea about previous grand finals including the phantom one.

JoyfulPenguin

What was the entertainment last year? Who organised it? TBH I wouldn't have a clue and I was there. It is not for the TV audience either because the talking heads take up before and after the game as well as half time.

The only "entertainment" I even vaguely remember is Jason Derulo in that terrible half Roar, half Wanderers top.

Big Al

Couple of fire thrower things and a bit of advertising shit and the anthem pre game.
There isn’t much time as the players warm up.

Halftime was a DJ nobody had ever heard of.

No one cares. It’s all about the game and buying beers for those inclined.

Meerkat

Couple of fire thrower things and a bit of advertising shit and the anthem pre game.
There isn’t much time as the players warm up.

Halftime was a DJ nobody had ever heard of.

No one cares. It’s all about the game and buying beers for those inclined.
I don’t remember any entertainment at all except for the two teams almost coming to blows before KO

Meerkat

I refuse to get ahead to a GF we have not yet qualified for. But did think if we had someone to belt our “We are the Champions” pre match for the semi, that would be cool.

Ozhammer

My point is that just importing in an "act" that has no affiliation with the Mariners or the game is not adequate.

People hated meatloaf at the AFL GF and Billy idol at the NRL because they have no link to the game.

If we had someone that was regularly and visibly linked to CCM then 100% get them in over the violinist. But we don't.
Hmmmmmm, you have now got my creative juices flowing and that can often be dangerous…..

Soooooo, I’m thinking we have Usain Bolt run 100 metres from the Bay 16 end of the stadium with a ball, having to evade the defending sauce bottles, whilst the lassie with the violin is playing and keeping goal at the Brisbane Water end.

Imagine the sheer, unbridled pandemonium when Bolty smashes the ball home and does his iconic celebration in front of the away bay.

Surely you couldn’t get any more Mariners than that?

No need to thank me.

I’m here all week, do try the veal 💛💙

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred